Putting in a DIY shallow well at the OFF GRID property

     As I have mentioned in previous blog posts this is raw land. So one of the very first orders of business is to put in a well. Thanks to the internet I have been able to get ideas and learn what it takes and I hope to pass along some of that new found knowledge to you good folks. 

    The one I have decided on installing is something called a sandpoint well . And the gist of it is that you drive a series of pipe in the ground by whatever means you have at your disposal, either a sledge hammer or t post driver. I myself am going to choose the t post driver seeing how I own both a manual and gas powered post driver. 

    Once you drive all the pipe necessary to reach the water table you then install either a hand pump ( pitcher pump ) .click here for more info on pitcher pump. The other option is to use an electric pump and build a solar system in which to power the pump. 

a.co/d/4MJtR76">click here for ideas on an electric shallow well pump. Essentially what my plans will be is to build some sort of a box to house the batteries , power inverter and charge controller.  And hook up a solar panel. More than likely a 100w panel and hook the pump up to the well.

Incidentally , I am going to use the same solar set up for the electric fence as well. No sense in paying HIGH DOLLAR $$$$ money on a fancy store bought solar fence energizer when you can spend half and get a hotter fence to keep horse and cows in. And doing it this way I can use the AC fencer that I already own. If you want more info on fence energizers that we use on the ranch I will include links to those as well.click here for what use on the ranch for electric fencing. 

click here to help out the ranch




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lets talk about trailer loading.

The Irish Dexter : The perfect small homestead cow.

Happy Thanksgiving 2022 !!!