Horse Training 101 : Gentle Natural horse training.





In this series of articles we will discuss different training methods as well as dicuss gentle, natural horsemanship.I sincerely hope you enjoy these training articles on training and strengthening the bond between you and your horse.

 In this series of articles we will discuss different training methods as well as dicuss gentle, natural horsemanship.I sincerely hope you enjoy these training articles on training and strengthening the bond between you and your horse.

click here to help the horses get moved to the new ranch

Lets get right into it shall we, usually the first thing that I personally like to do is simply get to know the horse. What I mean by that I will enter their stall, corral , etc and just sit down and observe them. What I am basically doing is feeling them out and in turn I am letting them feel me out as well. I am also learning their individual personality, so that I know for later on what will be the best way to approach their training. Remember all horses learn differently . Something that I have learned from a lifetime with working with and around horses is that they are just like teaching our kids . And that they all learn differently and pick things up at different paces . So the first key is you have to have a lot of patience.

click here for more training tips


That brings us to another key point I would like to make. Just like our kids , we send them to school , they go to learn but we don't expect them to sit in a classroom ALL day now do we? Of course not, they occasionally go outside for recess and go to lunch, don't they? So why is it I see some trainers going hard until both the horse and trainer get frustrated . If the horse isn't getting what your putting out there go back to something they do know. Also have a dedicated round pen and stall or corral .

Well that does it for this post . Just some things to think about and get you started . Remember to like and share this page or bookmark it and keep checking back for more installments on training your own horse and building that bond between both of you . Happy trails .


<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js?client=ca-pub-4461006415791868"

     crossorigin="anonymous"></script>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Irish Dexter : The perfect small homestead cow.

Lets talk about trailer loading.

Happy Thanksgiving 2022 !!!